Friday, October 1, 2010

iv

I would want to know all the places of the world, sounds funny and unreal but is true, that is my desire. Well… I know that is impossible, but sounds pretty. And for this, is difficult to me to make a decision about what country in specific I want to know. In that case, I’d like to be more realistic and I evaluate my actual economic condition for to visit a place. (Yes, I’m an extreme person, I pass to the more unreal thinking and to the more rational). According to that, I must say that I would like to go to Mexico.
Maybe the Travel & Living channel is influencing me, because I saw a TV show about Mexico a couple days ago. Anyway, Mexico result me so attractive and with an economic effort to save money, I think that the idea of travel there doesn’t sounds so crazy.
I think Mexico is full of things that specially like me, starting with the house of Frida Kahlo in Coyoacán. The cities that had conserved their colonial architectures (especially houses and churches) look interesting to me too. And the architectures of mexica’s culture are amazing too, and the way that the Mexican people conserve this buildings say so much about them and their relation with their native cultures. Apart from, in Mexico it’s celebrated one of the most interesting religious festivities: the “day of the dead”. I like the mixing that this celebration does between two different conceptions about dead, and all the implications that this mixing has in the aesthetic religious imaginary.
Ah! And other thing that motivates me to travel to Mexico is the language (I love español!). I have a bit of experience travelling, and one of the most disappointing things that always happen to me and my family (my bests and far trips I had done with them) are problems about the language. Me and my brother usually save the situations, but with difficulty (more me that my brother) and embarrassment. Anyway, now those problems are funny stories that I love to tell.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Mexico rocks! There are many rock festivals, I would like to go there too!
    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, why mexico! why!!!

    I like some of the things that you said, but... is mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask such as Diego: Why Mexico? jjajaja.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete