Friday, August 20, 2010

i

Hi everyone. Today I’m going to tell you about a famous photography exhibition that I visited a couple of weeks ago: World Press Photo. This exhibition was in the exhibition hall of the Telefónica Fundation, and was opened in 14th of July until the 15th of August (so, is closed yet, bu). But in the website http://www.worldpressphoto.org you can see the pictures.
This exhibition is the result of an annual photography contest that is related to press photographers that makes pictures according to different themes, like arts and entertainment, portrait, daily life and contemporary issues. All of those topics are a category.
This exhibition is very interesting for me, because gather together contemporary photographers of the hole world, and is possible see the develop of the contemporary images of press through the years, in a social and artistic sense, because is an annual exhibition that to travel around all the world.
In the exhibition of this year I especially like this photo
http://tinyurl.com/2468utn (I put the link because the image in the website has copyright) I remember that I saw it a very long time. I think that the image is so melancholic; the posture of the elderly man gave me the sensation of satisfaction and calm, and the unsaturated colors increase this atmosphere. I think that is a beautiful shot.
In general, I think that the photos related to war are more and more commonplace in this type of exhibition. And I asking me that as a photographic image, what more have those pictures to show us? Taking the informative aspect that this images has. Sincerely, I think that this kind of pictures don’t tell me anything new as an image, and saturate my accounts of visual violence.
Well, I recommend that you visit the website, and that you expect – like me – the World Press Photo of the next year.
Regards!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy,

    I didn't went to the exhibition i'm regret about that because i know that i miss something good, but well...

    About the war pictures, even if it sounds nerd,i will say it...
    Like Benjamin said: the images loose sense when they're are over-exposed.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Hahaha Diego and "Benshamin" xD)
    Hi Lucy,
    I didn't either go to that exhibition, I think it must had been great... I love to look for beautiful pictures in the web, and sometimes they have an annoying watermark: "Worldpressphoto". Well, now I know that it's from those photographers so I'm gonna be more respectful about those pictures which are always great.
    Have a good time, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete